Six Balkan Countries – Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Kosovo & Albania
The Via Dinarica is the world’s newest long-distance trail extending almost 2,000 kilometres from Slovenia to Albania.
Join our Balkan’s expert Jos Bauk, with his team of handpicked, expert local leaders, on this unique and amazing journey. Find places in Europe that are not crowded, leave the crowds behind and join us on this especially designed trip exclusive to The Peregrine Travel Centre WA
Concentrating on “The White Trail”, following the spine of the Dinaric Alps, we traverse high shepherd trails, summit high mountain peaks soaring above spectacular shimmering lakes and view turquoise rivers surrounded by dense, ancient forest.
Taking in the highlights of one of Europe’s least explored and most bio-diverse mountain ranges, this adventure also explores cultural highlights as we peek in to an old world Europe.
Strategically located at the crossroads between Asia and Western Europe, the Balkan region has known its share of conflict and conquest over the centuries. Despite, and maybe because, of this the Balkan people are a warm and truly welcoming people with a unique culture.
Peregrine Travel Centre Perth was the first company in the world to run an itinerary of this length and nature in 2016 and again in 2018, with this experience, we believe we have further improved what is a unique itinerary.
● Enjoy breathtaking views while hiking and exploring among the great peaks of the Via Dinarica trail.
● 6 Balkan countries – Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Albania, Kosovo and Montenegro.
● UNESCO Cultural & Natural Heritage Sites.
● The Adriatic sea with its unique mediterranean climate and culture.
● Visit Sarajevo: the Jerusalem of the Balkans, and Mostar’s bridge of unity.
● Ancient old growth forests and glacier lakes of Sutjeska and Durmitor National Parks.
● Mt Maglic and Bobotov Kuk, optional summits of the highest peaks in Bosnia & Herzegovina and Montenegro.
● Isolated highland villages.
● Rafting through Europe’s deepest canyon on the Tara River.
● Day walks in the Accursed Mountains of Albania or ferry ride, being one of the worlds great small boat trips.
● Kotor harbour, voted # 1 city destination in the world by Lonely Planet for 2016.
● Dubrovnik walled city tour.
● Stay at former 15th century palace at a Dalmatian island village & trek to highest point of any Adriatic island.