The Scottish Isles, the edge of Europe, west and north there is nothing more till the shores of America, these isles are ours to discover in depth.
Scotland is one of our favourite destinations combining ruggedly beautiful wilderness and abundant wildlife with a long and rich history. Its welcoming people, great culture and of course its world renowned whiskey distilleries, gardens and golf courses mean that there really is nowhere else quite like Scotland.
Wild Earth General Manager Aaron Russ has led many expeditions around Scotland’s beautiful shores and you are invited to join him and Wild Earth on an exclusively chartered voyage around Scotland featuring the Inner and Outer Hebrides, St Kilda, The Orkney and Shetland Islands aboard the Serenissima. We start from Glasgow before boarding our ship in Oban and setting sail through the islands before disembarking in Edinburgh
Explore Scotland’s heartland harbours, villages and islands. Immerse yourself in the history of ages past, whilst making your own history viewing ancient brochs, standing stones and rings. Visit isles where the wildlife is in abundance. A land where the people are waiting to welcome you to their unique culture – a culture which may reflect threads of your own heritage.
• Explore Scotland’s largest city, Glasgow
• Share a dram of whisky – the water of life – at one of Islay’s historic distilleries
• Spot puffins, gannets, razorbills and guillemots
• Discover Kinloch Castle which was the first private residence in Scotland to have electricity, derived from a hydro dam constructed on the Coire Dubh Burn
• Visit St Kilda – a near mystical island with dual World Heritage site status for its natural and cultural significance
• In Stornoway explore the Stone Age “Callanish”, the primordial configuration of standing stones
• Visit an Aberdeen Angus stud farm and the iconic township of St Andrews to wander the ruins
• Wander around historic Iona Abbey, Iona
• Visit Achamore House and Gardens on Gigha
• Loch Scavaig, Isle of Skye Wilderness Area
• Mousa Broch – the best preserved broch in the world
Vessel Type: Small Ship
Length: 87 metres
Passenger Capacity: 107 (from Dec 2018 – 95)
Built / refurbished: 1960 / 2013 / 2018
We are delighted to have had the MS Serenissima on long term charter since 2013. There are so few ships of her generation still cruising and the fact that she is is a great testament to her owners who invest considerable sums to keep her in top form. In December 2018, the vessel will once again undergo a significant refurbishment after which she will accommodate a maximum of just 95 guests.
MS Serenissima is a charming vessel and one of her best known and loved features of this vessel is its unique style. During a major refit the then owners commissioned Swedish interior designers to create a Gustavian style interior. This bright Swedish 18th century influenced, country house style works particularly well on a vessel of this vintage, providing intimacy and classic nautical sensibility often lacking in larger vessels.
The vessel is equipped with a fleet of Zodiac landing craft allowing us to visit remote places where normal tender arrangements are not possible. The European Captain, Officers, Expedition Staff, and crew offer a first class service and have been selected for their professionalism and caring attitudes. The atmosphere on board is warm and welcoming and dedicated to discovery and relaxation.