WITH A FOOT IN THE EAST AND A TOE IN THE WEST, TURKEY’S DISTINCT CHARM IS HARD TO RESIST
Turkey is a feast for the senses and we start our tour in Istanbul. Here we visit the magnificent Hagia Sophia, the famous Hippodrome, the iconic Blue Mosque, the exotic Spice Bazaar and the Topkapi Palace, once home to the great sultans. Our tour then continues to Gallipoli, where we pay homage to the legend of the Anzacs. We take in some of the ancient wonders of Turkey including Ephesus and the incredible landscape of Pamukkale. Then it is on to the breathtaking Mediterranean coastlines, hiking the Lycian Way and cruising over a sunken city before heading to the famous Cappadocia region. Prepare to be amazed by the strange rock formations that form a surreal, lunar-like landscape of ‘fairy chimneys’. Finish off in Istanbul with time to wander the markets, maybe buying some tea, spices and Turkish Delight
How is this trip different?
- The best way to see a city like a local? Eat and drink like a local! We start our tour with an extra night in Istanbul where we will go on a night tasting trail
- On day 2 we explore Istanbul with a guided tour of the Hagia Sofia, the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Grand Bazaar.
- Two days hiking along the Lycian Way with views of the Mediterranean
- Support a local NGO helping displaced Syrian refugee families while enjoying a Syrian meal.
- Tour escorted by Jess McGilvray, services of local English speaking guide