JOIN PETER LAMBERT ON THIS TRULY AUTHENTIC EXPERIENCE
Ladakh, at the northern boundary of India, is a once in a lifetime ‘must visit’ destination. The stark natural beauty is awe-inspiring, as is the elusive and enigmatic snow leopard that is found amid the mountains of Ladakh.
The trips start with a challenging trip to a remote area of Ladakh. In the tiny settlement of Ulley, with only seven houses, one enterprising local villager, with help from Peter’s long-time friend, Delhi based naturalist Rahul Sharma, has extended his house into a small lodge to allow visitors to stay while they search for Snow Leopards. Other wildlife including the Himalayan Wolf, Ibex, Urial and high altitude birds such as the Golden Eagles and Lammergeier may also be seen. The lodge enables people to stay in relative comfort in heated rooms, with proper beds, hot water, western style toilets and electricity. The alternative is camping in the snow. Peter’s previous 2 visits to Ulley have both been successful in sighting Snow Leopards, including a mother with 2 cubs on his last trip. Please be aware that time will be spent in cold conditions and at high altitude, with time in Leh to acclimatise.
- Domestic flights in India
- Delhi accommodation
- Assistance on arrival and departure in Delhi
- Transportation in Delhi
- All transportation in Ladakh
- Full board in Leh & Ulley
- Service of expert trackers & spotters in Ulley
- All sightseeing and activities as per itinerary
- US$200 donation for Snow Leopard Conservancy
- Interaction with experts from Snow Leopard Conservancy in Leh
- Services of RVentures Tour Director
- Indian Government Service Taxes