Since 1995 – when we offered the first commercial trek in this outstanding walking destination – World Expeditions have led the way on the Larapinta Trail and our exclusive semi-permanent campsites continue to set the standard, winning us the 2016, 2017 and 2019 Ecotourism award in the Brolga Northern Territory Tourism Awards.
On this fully supported trek you walk with just a day pack to explore the best sections of this iconic desert trail: from the high ridge lines of the West MacDonnell Ranges you’ll see the vast flood plains that form this ancient land. You’ll be dwarfed by the immensity of Ormiston and Serpentine Gorge and soothed by their idyllic waterholes. You’ll be amazed by dramatic colour changes in the rock formations at Simpsons Gap and Standley Chasm… and to top it all of you’ll climb to the lofty peak of Mt Sonder to watch the sunrise (1,380m).
At the end of each day we relax in comfort at our architect-designed camps – including hot showers, comfortable lounges and heated dining shelter – as our guides prepare gourmet 3-course dinners around the campfire. Our exclusive camps combined with passionate guides, spectacular food, and an unsurpassed itinerary make this tour the ultimate Larapinta experience.
- 5 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 5 dinners, snacks & hot drinks
- Exclusive semi-permanent wilderness campsites
- Professional wilderness guide & support staff
- Camping equipment including tents, swags & stretcher beds
- Fees to Aboriginal Traditional Owners
- National Park fees
- All transport during the tour
- Emergency communications & 24 hour back-up
- Comprehensive group first aid kit