Trek through Ethiopia’s dramatic Simien Mountains.
The dramatic skyline of peaks and jagged volcanic plugs which tower over the highland plateaux of the Simien Mountains compete with rugged gorges and deep gullies to form what is, arguably, the most awe-inspiring landscape in Africa. As we trek through this distant mountain range we pass small hamlets where villagers eke out an existence from the limited arable land. We may come across large troops of Gelada baboons foraging on the escarpment; and, with luck, spot Walia ibex and Ethiopian wolves. In January we have a special Timkat Festival departure (TYES) which is one day longer, please see the trip notes for more details.
- Castles of Gondar
- Trekking through dramatic scenery
- Endemic flora & fauna
- Remote mountain communities
- Led by an experienced Ethiopian guide and a UK trekking leader
- 9 nights wild camping, 3 nights standard hotels with en suite facilities
- 10 days point-to-point walking with full porterage
- Good fitness required
- Altitude maximum 4543m, average 3300m
- Harar and Lalibela extensions available
- Special Timkat Festival Departure in January (one day longer)